Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
In the right conditions, mold spores can activate and begin growing at a rapid pace. In fact, mold can theoretically begin growing in as little as 48 hours after being exposed to moisture. Unfortunately, once mold begins to grow, it can cause some health effects and lead to further damage. At SERVPRO of Alexander, Caldwell, Burke and Catawba Counties, we understand that no property owner wants to deal with mold, which is why we offer full mold remediation services. Our team is composed of certified mold experts who have the skills, protective gear, and specialty equipment to make any mold growth "Like it never even happened."
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (828) 396-1070
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Alexander, Caldwell, Burke and Catawba Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Alexander, Caldwell, Burke and Catawba Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Long View
- Granite Falls
- Sherrills Ford